Real Estate Opportunities In Vancleave MS
Vancleave, MS is a town located in Jackson County and is a census-- designated place and is on the West Bank of the Pascagoula River, 12 miles North West of Pascagoula which is the county seat. According to the U.S. Census Agency, the number of people that resided in St. Martin was recorded as 5,586 in 2010. Descendants of the Vancleave family, for whom the town is named after, still live in this area.
Vancleave developed as a community in the early to mid-19th century on Bluff Creek which is a small tributary of the Pascagoula River about 7 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico. The community was originally known as Bluff Creek until 1870 when the Postmaster named it Vancleave in honor of a prosperous merchant named Robert Van Cleave who established a trading post on Bluff Creek.
Vancleave MS real estate broker remained a rural town until the start of World War II after which shipyard laborers started to move to this area to construct ships to support the war effort at the local shipyard. This shipyard was Ingalls, which was owned by Bob Ingalls. To this day, this shipyard is considered to be one of the most prominent and important shipyards in the U.S. Click to see this vid.
Today, Vancleave is the fastest growing community in Jackson County. Over the past 10 years, the population has increased by 25 percent. Vancleave is a bedroom resort community which is near two championship golf courses and many historic properties that are surrounded by bayous and wetlands on three sides.
Vancleave's has a lovely natural environment gives many chances for leisure as well as eco-tourism.